- This event has passed.
EMS EVOLUTION 2018
June 18 @ 9:00 am - June 20 @ 12:00 pm
Thanks to everyone who attended EMS EVOLUTION 2018. The dates and location for EMS EVOLUTION 2019 will be announced soon.
Click here for photos from the event.
Click here to view the agenda: TEMSA Syllabus
The leadership track will cover the latest clinical, public policy, operation, and business issues that face Texas EMS agencies. We listened to your feedback, and the 2018 agenda will feature new presentations and speakers. The agenda will focus on panels that will focus on business, operations, and clinical issues that face Texas EMS agencies.
Some of the topics include:
- Mass Casualty AAR: The Dallas Experience by Tami Kayea of Dallas Fire-Rescue.
- How to address PTSD for your EMS professionals. Based on your feedback, Brenda McBride of UT Health East Texas will lead this afternoon seminar on Tuesday, June 19.
- A medical director panel, pharmacy for EMS panel, and other panel discussions focusing on clinical topics.
- EMTF: Lessons Learned from Hurricane Harvey.
- Ask Joe: Answers to Your Regulatory Questions by Joe Schmider of Texas EMS.
- What Was the Hardest Lesson That I Learned This Year? An interactive session for attendees.
- EMS Director Panel: Ideas for Your Daily Operations.
- Legislative and regulatory updates.
- Much more.
Billing/Coding Track: June 19
Once again, EMS billing expert Brian Werfel and Gail Atnip of Novitas will lead this all-day billing/coding course.
Lightning Rounds: June 20
Wednesday morning’s opening hour will feature a set of lightning rounds:
- EMS as an Essential Service … Or Not – Dudley Wait (City of Schertz)
- Limits of Implied Consent – Kristofer Schleicher (MedStar Mobile Healthcare)
- Disaster Reimbursement – Jason Tyler (Scurry County EMS)
- Reimbursement for Non-Transports – Matt Zavadsky (MedStar Mobile Healthcare)
- Blood Labs in EMS – Jonathan Sell (Booker EMS)
- Hospital Relationships – Jeff Mincy (Coryell Memorial Healthcare System EMS)
EMS EVOLUTION 2018 will feature two networking events: a welcome reception on Monday evening and a dinner for all attendees and their guests on Tuesday night. Dinner for your guests will be included in your registration fee.
TEMSA has secured a special rate of $134/evening (plus a $5.00 resort fee) at the La Torretta Lake Resort. Click here to make online reservations. Or call 936.448.4400 and mention the “Texas EMS Alliance” rate.
The hotel deadline is June 1, 2018.
Click here for online registration.. Your EMS agency must pay its TEMSA membership dues by May 15, 2018 in order to secure the special member registration rates.
General Session (Three Days)
Member: $325 (early) $375 (regular)
Non-member: $475 (early) $525 (regular)
Coding Course (Tuesday Only)
Member: $200 (early) $225 (regular)
Non-member: $275 (early) $300 (regular)
Thank you to our preliminary sponsors for 2018:
Siddons-Martin Emergency Group
Ambulance Medical Billing (AMB)
American Medical Response (AMR)
Columbia Southern University
EMS Management & Consultants
1st Pass Healthcare Solutions
Grant Mercantile Agency
Health Claims Plus
Nationwide Recovery Systems
Professional Ambulance and Sales
Southwest Ambulance Sales
VFIS of Texas/WinStar Insurance Group
Once again, EMS EVOLUTION 2018’s exhibits will be featured in the conference center’s atrium outside of the session rooms. Due to limited space, the exhibit hall will be limited to the first 29 exhibitors.
Full details regarding sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities can be found here: EMS EVOLUTION 2018 – Sponsor Prospectus
Click here to access the online sponsorship/exhibitor application.
Click here to view exhibitor information.