State Rep. Trent Ashby and State Sen. Kel Seliger have agreed to lead a letter from state lawmakers to HHSC regarding the proposed Medicaid cuts for ambulance service in Texas.
The letter will be closed out at the end of this week.
The following details will help you reach out to your state representatives and senators:
- If you don’t know who your state lawmakers are, click here.
- Ask to speak to the chief of staff in the House and the health aide in the Senate. Explain to him or her that Texas HHSC has proposed significant Medicaid ambulance cuts of up to 36% for Medicaid service. Tell them that this will have a significant effect on EMS in their district.
- Ask them to have their boss add their name to a letter to HHSC by the end of this week. (The rate hearing is on Tuesday, August 8.) Click here to view the lawmaker letter.
- If they will sign on the letter, have them contact Rep. Trent Ashby (Judd Messer is his aide) for the House version and Sen. Kel Seliger (Becky Walker is his aide) for the Senate version.
- If you have any questions, please contact TEMSA’s lobbyist, Craig Holzheauser, atCraig@thewoodhousegroup.com or 361.649.1355 m.